As an athlete, you know adversity. You conquer it every time you set out on the track. On the ice. On the open road. You know that victory isn’t about the podium win or collecting your trophy in front of the crowd. True victory is pushing through the hard moments that no one sees. It’s never giving up, even in the face of fear, pain, and injury. It’s never letting anything deter you from reaching your goals.
Since 2011, The SportLab’s skilled clinicians have treated Muskoka’s athletes and active community. We utilize decades of professional experience, combined with unique knowledge as athletes ourselves, to deliver the highest standard of Sport Therapy in the region.
We’ve treated every type of injury- including post-fracture and post-surgery. Our unique approach to assessment and treatment leads to faster recoveries. Because an injury should only ever be a small pause on the long road to achieving your personal best.
All of The SportLab’s services are covered by the majority of extended health plans, and patients do not need a referral to book an appointment.
The SportLab offers a complete line of custom bracing for:
ACUTE INJURY · CHRONIC INJURY · POST-SURGICAL RECOVERY
We fit clients with the right brace the first time, and continue to monitor over time. Our patients experience decreased pain, enabling them to quickly return to their sport. Initial bracing assessments are free of charge, and we direct bill extended insurance providers for bracing whenever possible.
The SportLab offers Muskoka’s most current and comprehensive sport-focused concussion diagnosis and management program*.
The SportLab’s patients make impressive gains, increasing the speed of healing through our unique concussion monitoring program. Our advanced equipment and specialized tools ensure an accurate diagnosis, a safe, long-term recovery, and quick return to sport.
*If you have suffered severe head trauma, go to the ER immediately.
MEET OUR TEAM
Dr. Lowell Greib MSC ND CISSN
- Professional ultra-distance mountain biker, adventure racer, and marathon runner (including Boston, Phoenix, and LA)
- Developed the Sports Medicine program for the CCNM
- Current lecturer at CMCC, NUNM, and UWI
- Chair, Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian Ambassador, International Institute of Race Medicine
Dr. Katherine Ahokas BSc ND CISSN
- Provincial and varsity soccer player and nationally ranked marathon runner
- Created the Sport Performance Nutrition curriculum for Camosun College, and the Clinical Diagnosis and Medical Terminology course for Georgian College
- Lectured at Georgian College
- Certified Level 2 Firefighter
Dr. Keirstyn Moran BHK DC
- Triathlete (ranked Top 3), Varsity track and field and cross country athlete, soccer player
- Ranked Top 10 in North America for dance
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Led community initiatives for Toronto Cricket, Skating, and Curling Club, University of Ottawa, and YMCA
Michelle Berrelkamp RMT
REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST
- Nordic skier, canoeist, competitive rower
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Extensive experience in sport-focused environment
- Extensive training in pelvic stabilization, myofascial release, strain counterstrain, and cranial sacral
- Pilates instructor, triathlete, sprint canoeist, cross-country runner, basketball and softball player
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Kinetics with Minor in Psychology
- Previously involved in community sport programs for children with disabilities.
The SportLab carries Muskoka’s most extensive selection of high-quality sport nutrition products, at the most competitive prices. Our knowledgeable team carefully selects each product based on superior nutritional value and sport safety.
SPORT NUTRITION COACHING
Working with each individual’s goals in mind, our clinicians provide custom guidance in nutritional intake to maximize performance, recovery, and injury prevention. Our skilled team of trained medical professionals was the first in Canada to be certified by the International Society of Sport Nutrition (ISSN).
Book with Muskoka’s FIRST Sport Therapy clinic.
- 68 West Road, Unit 2. Huntsville ON P1H 1L8
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Win 3 Month Supply of Protein!
WIN a 3 Month Supply of Protein Powder*! Purchase any tub of protein…Read More
Skijoring at Arrowhead Park
Looking for a fun-filled, family activity with your four legged friend? If you…Read More
Cold Hands, Warm Hearts
The SportLab's very own celebration of Cupid. The 'Cold Hands, Warm Heart' fun…Read More
Stuff the Bird, Not Yourself
Quick!! Run to your cupboard of running fuel and grab all the gels packets you have. Gather all the gel…Read More
Space Blankets – Heat, Help or Hype?
With a sea of slow moving, heavy breathing and salt stained hobbling bodies, one may think they have entered a…Read More
Weed for the Win?
It’s race morning. I wake to hear the howling of the wind outside my hotel window and peak through the…Read More